Iwork 09 Pages help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by captwrongway, Sep 16, 2010.

1. captwrongway macrumors newbie

Im really diggin Iwork Pages and have been using it for a few months. However, somehow when working on a multipage document, I attached 2 of the pages together and cannot get them to separate.

The best way to explain it is; if you click on the VIEW / Page Thumbnails your pages will appear down the left column. Normally you can move them around, delete, copy whatever. Somehow 2 of mine only move together and they cannot be separated, moved or deleted without both going. I am pulling my hair out and hope someone can help...

Thanks for any assistance! :)

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Pages doesn't "see" a page as you & I do. Pages sees logical pages, separated by section breaks, rather than physical pages. You can see this in the thumbnails pane, View > Show Page Thumbnails, & then clicking on a page thumbnail. The yellow border around groups of pages shows the logical page. You need to insert section breaks before & after the physical pages to separate them.