Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xreliable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I just purchased iWork 08 last week. Primarily to use Keynote for a presentation I'm giving in a couple of weeks. Is there any kind of grace period here to get credit towards iWork 09 or should I just return 08? As a poor public speaker any little help the software might give me I'll take!

And I just got a new 17" Macbook Pro 2 weeks ago! I figured next release wouldn't be until summer! Boy has my timing been off...

J B

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2008
I just purchased iWork 08 last week. Primarily to use Keynote for a presentation I'm giving in a couple of weeks. Is there any kind of grace period here to get credit towards iWork 09 or should I just return 08?

Same here! My mom and I both got iWork '08 a couple days ago, now i see this! I was hoping that upgrading would cost less or some sort of deal....

sorry about the 17"

youpey

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
i called apple, they said they dont have an upgrade program for the iwork. i bought mine 3 days ago, and they said sorry they dont offer an upgrade for it.

ugh, this makes me really mad.

nothing spending well over 2000 dollars this week and them telling you to stick it

UPDATE: i am good now, nothing like a little persistence. best buy took care of me

macaddictann

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2004
I wonder...will new computers ship with iLife '09 (which isn't exactly the topic of the thread but is pretty close)? It still says '08 on their site. I just ordered an iMac but didn't ask about that. Of course, I also doubt I'll be using it much, so...

kid rock

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2007
London, UK
if its unopend take it back and get a refund then buy the new one, or email apple and have a polite moan and see what they will do!

iAthena

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
USA
I just got '08 myself when the new MBP's came out. I guess I'll have to wait and see if the features are worth buying another copy.

macaddictann

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2004
Ha..."on or before." On, in my case. I guess $10 isn't too bad. But I don't even know that I'll use it much, anyway. It's not a priority. I was more disappointed that I'd mis-read the Adobe CS4 offer (they'd already taken the extra discount...). Gah!

youpey

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
i ust downloaded the 09 demo. it isnt much different. it looks like just small enhancements. i will still be getting it, but i wouldnt say it is enough to repay 79 dollars if you have the 08

nanoboy

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
i ust downloaded the 09 demo. it isnt much different. it looks like just small enhancements. i will still be getting it, but i wouldnt say it is enough to repay 79 dollars if you have the 08

Hmm, I would differ. The new effects in Keynote alone will make me get the new version. I've been influenced very strongly by how the Apple presentations slides are prepared, and I can't wait to get my hand on the new object transitions and text transitions! Anagram is just amazing!!

And Numbers, it's finally usable now with the trend line and error bars features missing from the last version.

And I look forward to more compatibility and stability to Pages. I try not to use Words whenever I can, but as of Pages 08, it still has some gaps to bridge.

surfdog_2005

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2005
Apple's lack of update pricing for current users has always sucked! At least they could knock off $20 if you own the previous version.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006

That's exactly how it looked to me when I looked at the website for the demos. Some pretty animation updates but nothing significant to Keynote. Don't really use the others so their updates were less important to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.