iWork '09 Update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jason S., Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Some people have been reporting that the Mac App Store does not recognize iWork applications as being Installed. The version of iWork apps in the App Store are different than the "latest" versions, so this may be why.

I opened Keynote and was prompted that an update to the new version number shown in the App Store was available. However, when I clicked the button to be taken to Software Update, it found no such update. Strange...

I saw the post yesterday here about the iWork 9.0.5. Can't remember if I installed it or if Software Update failed to find that update also. The apps in the App Store are versioned x.0.5 so I'm going to assume I, along with the others reporting that the App Store doesn't detect their iWorks apps, that I haven't got the latest version.

Edit: Missed the link for the stand-alone download in the article. Here it is for anyone else that might have missed it: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1097

Edit 2: Apparently you can't move the iWork apps from the default "iWork '09" folder. This must've been why Software Update couldn't find them. Kind of dumb, if you ask me.

2. CBlakeston macrumors 6502

I installed yesterdays update using software update - but the app store still doesn't realise iWork is installed ?

3. Aidoneus macrumors 6502

Just a hunch, but have you rebooted since the installation?

4. CBlakeston macrumors 6502

Yes, a few times fact. The version of iWork apps end in .05 too - so they are the same versions as on the app store.