iWork '11 - when do you think we'll see it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stellify, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Stellify macrumors newbie

Hi All - First post so be nice!

I bought my first Mac (Macbook Air) just before Christmas and I'm loving every minute of it.

But I've been holding out for iWork '11.... when do you think we'll see it?

2. KirkL macrumors 6502

People have been speculating about it for a while now...frankly no one knows.

Considering how well iWork '09 is doing in sales in the Mac App Store (the programs are consistently in the Top 10 of Highest Grossing), I'm beginning to wonder if Apple has any incentive in releasing iWork '11. They probably want to milk iWork '09 a bit more.

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm starting to wonder if there even will be an iWork '11... :(

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

That's my guess too. It's got to be updated at that time or before, so they can include it with the Lion box set (everything on a USB stick?) and give it autosave and Versions support.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Both of those are in iWork '09...

7. rcp27 macrumors regular

Given the way things are going, it will probably be on the app store. I doubt very much that there will be any kind of boxes on shelves in actual bricks'n'mortar stores. Possibly DVD can be ordered online.

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Those are Lion features. Lion requires app updates to take advantage of the new autosave and versions features in the OS (though Apple will probably release a point update to '09 for full Lion support regardless of when '11 comes out).

Yes, of course it'll be on the store, like '09 is now. They'll probably axe the disc version, but the OS+iLife+iWork Box set will probably still exist in some physical form.