iWork '11 ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Uplift, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Uplift macrumors 6502

I started using iWork '09 (30day trial) after growing tired of how slow Microsoft Office 2011 was. I've since become attached to iWork, particularly Keynote is brilliant!

I'm down to my last 3 days of the trial, forcing me to buy it if i want to continue using it. But will i be wasting my money as i've heard iWork 11 is due out?

Do we have any concrete information about it's release?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nope. Not really sure why Office 2011 is slow for you; it's comparable to pretty much any native application on my machine in terms of speed.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

No concerete info. But as long as you like the software and it does everything you need now, you aren't wasting money by buying it now.

4. Uplift thread starter macrumors 6502

I've seen mixed reviews, some say it's speedy some say it's slow. When i use it, it doesn't slow my mac down at all.. just the app alone is extremely sluggish.

I just booted it and it it took 45 seconds to load, it did update the font menu however, but that's still a long time, i'm a designer so i add fonts almost on a daily basis... 45 second boot time just to add 1 font? no other app does this.

When using Word and such, there is just a 1 or 2 second delay with everything, clicking a tab on the ribbon costs me 2 or 3 seconds before it loads.

I have a 2010mbp i5 with 4GB ram, this shouldn't be happening.

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I've been expecting iWork '11 "any day now" since last August. Someone did post a screenshot of the Mac App Store early on the day of release & it did show iWork '11 but it was quickly changed to just iWork.

Until iWork '11 is finally released you can buy just the apps you need from the Mac App Store or check Amazon or eBay for the boxed version.

If you do buy the retail box, you need to delete the trial & then reinstall from the boxed DVD. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user.