iWork 9 now or wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by W1MRK, Dec 16, 2010.

1. W1MRK macrumors 6502

Hello all.

Heres the question. I have two new apple i3 computers that need iWork.

Should I get a iWork 09 family pack or should I hold out for iWork 11 whenever that pops up?

I can get the iWork family pack for about 55 dollars on Buy.com

Will there be a huge difference in versions? Didn't find a exact post on this so thought I would ask

Mike

2. gorjan macrumors 6502

I don't know anything about any new features, but I'd at least wait until the Mac App Store is launched. There have been some hints about a new version hitting at the time of the App Store launch.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's quite unlikely that iWork '11 will revolutionize text processing. If you need it now, go ahead and buy it. Office for Mac 2011 may also be worth a look

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I'd wait until January 6th at this point. It's highly likely, though of course not certain, that there will be a new version released alongside the new Mac App Store. If you purchase them there, at the price points in the keynote where it was demonstrated, you'd pay only $44.97 ($14.99 x 3) for all three apps, and they will run on multiple machines.

jW

5. gorjan macrumors 6502

This is true of course, but you can say that about every version of MS Office for the last ten-fifteen years. It all depends on needs, and if Text Edit can suffice for a month while waiting for the new iWork, it's always nice to have the newest version. :eek:

6. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Since the Mac App Store in launching in 3 weeks, why not download the trial of iWork '09 & use that until we know for sure what the App Store will bring? The trial is good for 30 days.

7. W1MRK thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I will wait it out and try the trial in the mean time

Mike