iWork and iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ImperialX, Jun 14, 2011.

1. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Quick question. Does iCloud sync between the iOS versions of iWork and the Mac versions of iWork? Thanks.

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Well, at the WWDC Job's said it would, though likely it will need to be the latest version of iWork programs (with update), running on OSX 10.7 (Lion).

(What would have made me happy would be if it would work with Office files too, given that iDisk is a dead duck)

3. ImperialX thread starter macrumors 65816

ImperialX

I guess I missed that part where he talks about the support of Mac versions on iWork in iCloud. I only heard the part about iOS and they only demoed it on an iPhone and iPad.

Thanks for your answer.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

LOL.

No, they don't talk about syncing between iWork on iOS and MAC at all.

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I think the value of iWork is limited when it doesn't include the full version of iWork on the Mac working with iPads and iPhones. It really needs to support the same document. Might as well not even call it Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

6. nOw2 macrumors regular

Wish I'd Googled this question before just spending all that money on iWork.

I'd just assumed that iWork on the Mac would be integrated. Silly me.

I'd put off upgrading from '08 as there were no features that I wanted - then I decide that the killer feature is iCloud, and it's not there.

The one saving grace is that if you manually up/download documents with iCloud, then you do need iWork '09 for file format compatibility.

Now that I've spent the money I guess that iWork'11 will be out next week. That's what usually happens when I buy something.