iWork apps and compatability with MS Office apps

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jerryobr, Sep 5, 2012.

1. jerryobr macrumors newbie

Hi. For a business use, we are looking at using the iPad in an environment in which there is no access to a network. All data and files will be resident on the iPad. We have some Excel spreadsheets with hyperlinked cells to various pdf and Word files, and this folder of files would need to be imported to the iPad. Does anyone have experience with how well Numbers maintains the hyperlinks once the Excel spreadsheet is imported and opened in Numbers? How can, or is it possible, to import a folder of pdf and MS Office files onto an iPad? Does Numbers even have a capability to hyperlink a cell to a file? I've investigated on the Apple and AppStore sites, but couldn't find any info on details such as this. Any experience or insight will be very helpful.

Jerry

2. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

To import files to the iPad, I would consider Dropbox.
    Numbers on iPad doesn't even support all functionalities of it's OSX version, let alone Excel. So forget about hyperlinks and other fancy stuff.

I actually manage to do my accounting on the iPad, it was originally developped on my MBP - YMMV

3. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

Microsoft Office for iPad is supposed to be released in October.

You will truly love your iPad for business and persnal use!!!

4. Jenny32 macrumors newbie

Looking forward to that!

Hope that's not a rumor, I'm really looking forward to an MS Office app.