iWork apps crash at welcome screen every time

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mactabulous, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Mactabulous macrumors member

Mactabulous

All my newly updated iWork apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote), all crash during the welcome screen. Since yesterday, I have yet to actually launch the applications, before they blow up (not literally, of course). I had to "downgrade" to the previous version, which all work fine.

Is anyone else getting this, and is there anything I can do?

I have used Disk Utility, it found some errors and rectified these accordingly. Everything ought to be tip top, however, something has gone completely awry with the entire iWork suite since upgrading from OS X 10.8.5 to 10.9.

Any thoughts on what steps I might take to mitigate this discombobulatingly insane crash reflex?

2. palmharbor macrumors 6502

Fix?

You cannot do a back up from the Cloud to get back 10.8...you are stuck with 10.9....so you might want to buy Microsoft collection of apps from Word to all the others and perhaps they could help open the docs. Parallels 7 will not work with 10.9 nor will Samsung Printers. This is what I feared and I did not jump on the band wagon to download 10.9. I am glad I did not.

3. Mactabulous thread starter macrumors member

Mactabulous

I simply downgraded Pages (and Numbers/Keynote), or rather, went back to fully functional applications