iWork apps - iOS and OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aartoodeetoo, Oct 19, 2014.

1. aartoodeetoo macrumors newbie

Hi,

I think i already know the answer, but it's gotta be with an ask..

Because i just got a new iPhone, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are free in the iOS app store - and now show as free on my iPad3. However, in the OS X app store on my iMac, they are still to pay for.

My iMac was purchased early 2013. Is there a workaround to get the apps for free, or am i stuck with having to pay for them?

Thanks

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

If I remember correctly, you could also buy iWork 09, install it, and then get the latest as a free upgrade. (you'd have the added benefit of having a more feature-rich version should you want to stick with 09)

3. mic j macrumors 68030

Your stuck having to pay, as it is a separate set of applications.

4. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

The Mac App Store seems to forget your purchases anyway! I had to re-install Pages after doing a fresh install of Yosemite and the Store said I had to pay again! Luckily I managed to pull the app off of my Time Machine and re-install it that way. The MAS needs some serious work and dedication from Apple.

5. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

I am in the exact same situation! I'm glad I got pages for free on the iPad and I wish I had it on the mac too, but I think it's way overpriced! I also heard that there's a legal trick to get it for free which is download the demo of an older version and then an upgrade should appear. Upgrade and the trial limit will be gone.

6. chunheisiu macrumors newbie

chunheisiu

You can get the iWork suite for free if you buy a new Mac, if you like doing it that way.

7. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin