iWork apps not shown as purchased in App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scott6666, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

I have iWork. App store does not say installed. Versions are latest versions I think (e.g. Pages 4.1). How do I get the app store to recognize them? Do I need to update my OSx versions to work with iCloud?

2. Sc00tr macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

did u purchase it from the app store? if it was from an install disk it will not show up on the app store

3. Scott6666 thread starter macrumors 65816

Scott6666

It was from an install disk. I thought the app store was supposed to recognize stuff on your machine.

Does this mean I need to purchase it from the app store to get upgrades? I noticed today that my OSX Pages does not seem to recognize iCloud docs.

4. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

Volume licenses also don't show up as purchased. I believe it's the same with regular CD media installs.

5. Scott6666 thread starter macrumors 65816

Scott6666

So is Apple ever planning on fixing this or do I have to repurchase?

Are other seeing their iCloud docs in their Pages 4.1 app (loaded from CD and upgraded as notified)? Are the App Store versions seeing iCloud docs?

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

There isn't anything to fix. You didn't purchase it from the Mac App Store, you don't get the benefits of the Mac App Store. Software Update should still provide you with the updates to take advantage of iCloud, however.

jW

7. Scott6666 thread starter macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Thanks. That answers my question.

8. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

I had the same issue, however, the Pages updates have shown up in the App store... so, weird, huh?

9. Sc00tr, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

Sc00tr macrumors regular

Reread the original post. Yes there is an OS update so that the Lion will work with icloud.

I have iwork from CD. I was able to update without any problems to the latest version from Software Updates, not the app store. All the updates from a CD installation should be available. There is really no reason to switch to the App store.

I did have a problem updating iPhoto to the latest version. This was installed from CD. I had iPhoto 9.1.5 which was the latest and I was trying to update to 9.2 which was just released. I did the check for updates and no updates were coming up. I then launched iPhoto and did a check for updates with in the app. iPhoto came back with a message stating that it was the latest version. So I went to the apple support page and downloaded the iPhoto update 9.2. When I tried to install it I got a error stating that I needed the minimum version of 9.1. I had 9.1.5 installed. So I went to About This Mac & under software applications it showed that I had 9.1.5. So I reinstalled iPhoto from CD which took me back to 9.0. Tried to install the 9.2 update that I had downloaded, but it said that I needed 9.1. so I checked for updates and now the entire iLife showed up. So I updated iPhoto only (I saved off the others so I would not have to update them). iPhoto updated to 9.1. I checked for updates and now 9.2 was showing up that there was an update. I installed and and now I have the latest. Big pain.

In short if you have any problems updating try installing the original from CD and doing Software Updates.