iWork as a portable app?

BENI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Has anyone tried running iWork as a portable app? are there any particlar methods to make it work?
If this doesn't work can anyone point me in the direction of a portable app that opens .pages documents?

thanks

BENI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
What do you mean portable app?
I mean a program that one can install and run off a flash drive without installing it on the computer - so you can run it on a computer. sorry if that was unclear.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Given that it throws stuff in the ~/library, I doubt very much you can do this. That being said, try installing iWork on a flash drive and report back your success/failure.

BENI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Given that it throws stuff in the ~/library, I doubt very much you can do this. That being said, try installing iWork on a flash drive and report back your success/failure.
I don't have it - if it could then I would consider it instead of something like neo office (portable version) that is why I need to know. the problem is my work involves allot of pages documents and neo office doesn't read them.

if you know of any other freeware portable applications which do open iwork documents then please let me know!