iWork at WWDC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stokes, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Stokes macrumors regular

I was kinda hoping for a update to iWork at WWDC, but no mention of it in the Keynote presentation.

Do you think it's still coming?

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Go Go Gadget!

You got imovie on the iphone and iwork on the ipad. Total focus on small devices. That is just how it is now. Go Go Gadget! Oh, well..clearly a fun thing for the iphone but many myself included still want a mac to edit home movies. And no iwork 10 for you, I think next iwork will be released jan 2011.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Were they demoing stock Pages? I thought the Pages they demoed in Lion or iCloud looked pretty different.

5. joseph2166 macrumors 6502

Well they were running it on Lion, which makes everything look a bit different. Just taking away the permanent scroll bars changes the look of an app drastically.

As for when we can expect an update, I'm guessing they'll be a mac hardware event at the Apple campus some time where it'll be the main software attraction. Having said that, it normally takes a fairly large refresh to get an event going. Maybe a MacPro redesign? Or indeed no iWork event at all, and it slips onto the app store at the same time as Lion...

6. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

If any new version shows up on the MAS, then I'll buy it. No Question. I love iWork!

It's just a matter of when!