IWork; difference between single user version & educational user version??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by noodlemanc, Feb 12, 2012.

1. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Hi:)

what is the difference with the single user iwork and the educational user version of iwork?

thanks a lot :D

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

There is no difference in the applications, just the licensing & the price. All of the iWork '09 applications function the same whether they're installed via the downloaded trial, the retail disk or from the Mac App Store, single-user or family pack. The main difference between the full iWork suite (downloaded trial or retail disk) & the Mac App Store versions is the MAS versions, if you were to get all three, take up more disk space because they don't share resources.

The iOS versions do lack many features of the desktop versions.

3. noodlemanc thread starter macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Thank u for replying .. but what is the liscening differences? how would it affect me during my use of iwork if i got the educational one instead of the regular single user 1?

thanks again:)

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

There is no difference between the educational license & the single-user license. Both are "single computer" with the license stating the software can't exist on more than one computer at a time. The family pack license allows installation on up to five Macs in the same household.

Personally, I think it makes the best financial sense to purchase through the Mac App Store which allows installation on any Mac you can access the store through with your Apple ID.