iWork for iCloud and iCloud Notes Experiencing Sharing Outage [Update: Fixed]

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 2, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Some customers using Pages, Numbers, Keynote, or the Apple Notes app are currently unable to share new files or add new people to shared files due to an ongoing outage affecting some iCloud functionality.

The problem started at 4:00 a.m Pacific Time this morning, and is still affecting customers, according to Apple's System Status page.

[​IMG]

The Notes and iWork for iCloud apps appear to be the only apps that are experiencing an outage at this time. It's not clear when the problem will be resolved, but we'll update this post when it's fixed.

Update: According to Apple's System Status page, this problem has been resolved and iCloud sharing is now working normally for iWork and Notes.

Article Link: iWork for iCloud and iCloud Notes Experiencing Sharing Outage [Update: Fixed]

2. jtrauscht macrumors regular

jtrauscht

I've been experiencing major problems for several weeks with uploading files using the Files App in iOS11. It had been working great – a 38 MB file would only take a few minutes to upload and pull down. Now it takes over an hour for the same file, if it uploads at all.

3. GaryMumford macrumors regular

GaryMumford

I seem to be having problems with iMessage to iCloud! Oh no, wait..... silly me, I though as it was 2018 iMessage in the cloud would have been here! :rolleyes:

4. bsbeamer macrumors 65816

Any coincidence there were issues creating new Apple ID's earlier this morning? Ran into that when reformatting an old MacBook Pro and trying to download Keynote/Pages/Numbers under a "clean" account.

5. JM macrumors 6502a

JM

Apple is really having a rough time, aren't they?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Something like this is hardly something all that new or all that unusual (for really any company othe there).

7. macfacts macrumors 68030

macfacts

I agree, the Apple ecosystem isn't any better than any other big company out there.

8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Resolved, at least on East Coast of US at 3:20 EST.

9. JM macrumors 6502a

JM

Surely y'all can acknowledge that this isn't a good thing for them right now. This on top of iOS 11 problems and the battery caused throttling?

Not a "sky is falling" cry here: it's just one more thing to turn people off of Apple.

Not to worry. Apple always bounces back. Can't say the same for Samsung and their note 8's inability to even turn on after a full battery discharge. (They REALLY didn't need that. Heh.)

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Unless this somehow becomes something different and way more than what it is (or was, at this point), it's effectively nothing in particular in the scheme of things. Given that it's already been addressed, it seems to be that even more so.

11. jmh600cbr macrumors 6502a

jmh600cbr

iCloud.com hasn’t been updated to iOS 11. Weird