iWork for iCloud beta on PowerPc

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by B-G, Jul 7, 2013.

1. B-G macrumors regular

It turns out that iWork for iCloud beta works on powerpc.
    This is in Safari on Leopard, with Leopard Webkit 536.26.8 installed as system default.
    I only tried it with Pages and Numbers, but I can report that it works as it should, with a couple of little problems:
    1) The scrollbars are Mountain Lion style, i.e. they disappear when not in use. You'll need a mouse with a scrollwheel.
    2) On the eMac in my signature it is S-L-O-W.

To access iWork for iCloud beta, go to https://beta.icloud.com/ and sign in using the Apple ID associated with a Registered Apple Developer account (if you have ever downloaded XCode from Apple servers you should already have that).

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

So this is without Leopard Webkit? I tried w/ Leopard Webkit, said it couldn't connect to the server.

3. Jessica Lares, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013

Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Works nice on my iMac G4. Now I don't have to use Google Docs. :D I'm using plain-o Safari.

EDIT: Fun times. I was going to put the most horrible rainbow in the background, but lucky for you, Pages still doesn't support backgrounds and I can't arrange things backwards/forwards. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

4. B-G thread starter macrumors regular

It's working fine in L-W for me. :confused:

5. theclassicmac macrumors newbie

Works alright on my PBG4 12. It's a little slow on the uptake when typing/selecting/editing in pages however. Nice to have and use for now though; will have to see how much Apple is going to charge for this product moving forward.

6. B-G thread starter macrumors regular

More testing,

Omniweb: iCloud complains that the browser is not fully supported, but it seems to work. It is painfully slow, though. Unusable.

TenFourFox: same as Omniweb, but a bit faster (still slower than Safari, though). I had to disable NoScripts (simply allowing icloud did not work).

iCab (with L-W 536.26.8 as system default): not supported.

Fluid (with L-W 536.26.8 as system default): a website specific browser created with Fluid did not work (not supported).

Iceweasel 17 (on Debian Wheezy): similar to TenFourFox, but here you will see a lot of artefacts on your documents.

Luakit (on Debian Wheezy): not supported.

Could anyone try this in Safari, TFF and Omniweb on Tiger?