iWork for iCloud: Saving Shared Documents into iCloud

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JPM42, Oct 25, 2013.

1. JPM42 macrumors 6502

I wanted to try out the document collaboration feature for iWork. So, I had a friend write out something in Pages on iCloud.com and share the document with me. They sent me the link, and I get access to it just fine. But when I click the link, it doesn't put a copy in my Pages documents folder in iCloud. So, how do I save it in iCloud, so I can have the ability to edit across iCloud.com and my iOS/Mac devices with Pages on it? Is this possible? Or do I have to constantly go back to the link each time?

Thanks!

2. Alael macrumors newbie

I don't think the sharing on iCloud is actually made so that you can export it to your iwork, Its tough so that you can edit the document and collaborate, For safety and privacy probably without the ability to export it,

3. JPM42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting. I figured it would be similar to the way Google Docs handles things, where, if you share a document with someone, once they accept, they also have a copy they can access within Google Docs, where they can further collaborate. Whereas with this, it seems that instead of going into iCloud.com and having a copy of your own saved, say, in Pages, in order to keep collaborating, the recipient has to keep accessing from the link, which seems cumbersome.

4. iCallum macrumors newbie

That's very dissapointing. I have been looking for a way to do this too, it looked so good in the keynote:(