iWork installation question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jspaladin, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jspaladin macrumors newbie

jspaladin

Hey guys

I did something silly. I left my iWork install disks in South Africa (and now Im in Korea). I bought iWork for my MBP, but I recently wiped the drive and sold it so I could buy my new Macbook Air. The problem that I have now, though is that I want to install my iWork on my new machine, but I dont have the disks.

As far as I know, iWork doesnt have a CD Key so I cant use it to authorise the trial version or anything.

If I get my family in SA to make an image of my disks and upload it to Drop Box, will that still be considered a "legit" version of iWork or will that mean I will pirate it? No one else has that iWork installed on any machine, so it will only be my computer with that specific iWork.

Thanks for helping me with my stupid situation :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe iWork does use a serial number, so you'll need not just a disk image but the serial number.

3. KirkL macrumors 6502

Not the retail version.

OP, I think it will be "legit" since they're cloning the retail DVDs.

4. jspaladin thread starter macrumors newbie

jspaladin

Ok, thanks. Yeah, its a retail disk and I did actually buy it, I just forgot it in South Africa... I was actually hoping to buy the "new iwork", but that looks like its not going to happen so my plans were ruined...
    I dont really want pirated programs on my mac, so as long as its legit im happy. Thanks guys... :)