iWork Keynote for iPad question...

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by rymack, May 28, 2010.

1. rymack macrumors regular

rymack

I hope this is the right place...

I am contemplating the purchase of an iPad to complement my forthcoming 27" iMac, and I have a question about the functionality of Keynote for iPad.

I am a teacher and would like to incorporate Keynote presentations in my lessons (most teachers at my school use Powerpoint). I understand that I can create Keynote presentations on the iPad and then sync them back to my iMac (which will also have iWork), but more importantly, am I able to use my iMac to create a Keynote presentation, sync it to my iPad, and then show said presentation in the classroom from my iPad? Or does the iPad only show slideshows and presentations completed ON the iPad itself? I hope this makes sense! :eek:

2. stil macrumors member

stil

You can use Keynote on the iMac and then drop it into Keynote for the iPad. However, the iPad version isn't as full featured as the OS X version. There aren't as many fonts, transitions etc. Just make sure you check that it's OK on the iPad before you run off to class.

3. rymack thread starter macrumors regular

rymack

Great, thanks so much! I am literally over the moon about how cool the iPad is, but before I spend the money I want to make sure it does at least a little bit of productive stuff... :p

4. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

Use keynote on the iPad regularly for presentations. Only problem I've had is when there is a long VGA cable. It seems that the iPad cannot push the signal that far.

Otherwise the presentations come across very well with the exception of a few graphics and they are ease to replace. I haven't created a presentation on the iPad but I do tweak them frequently.

5. rymack thread starter macrumors regular

rymack

At what length do you find the vge cable to be a problem? I'm glad to hear that the iPad is capable of doing what I need it to do...