Iwork lecence agreement Question?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by notguiltystyle, Feb 14, 2008.

1. notguiltystyle macrumors member

Sorry if this Question was asked before.:eek:
    I bought a iMac in December last year with a copy of Iwork (Single User licence). I have now have decided to buy another macbook as my portable machine. At the time when I purchased Iwork (being a first time mac user), I did not realise that you could buy "Family packs" for your software and neither did the Apple Genius mention anything on this (not so Genius after all?). My Question now is, do I have to buy another copy of Iwork or is there any posibility just to upgrade to the Family Pack???
    Thanx

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

You can call Apple.com and as this post suggests:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=343185

Explain your situation, they might be able to help you. Or you can go to the store and ask them.

It's a $20 dollar difference if I remember, so maybe you can bring in your single copy (box, receipt and all) and exchange it for a family box.

It's worth a shot.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think if you call, they might be nice enough to do an upgrade for the difference.

Otherwise, I think you might be stuck. :eek: :(

Out of curiosity, are you planning on keeping multiple computers for long? If not, maybe it's not worth your time.