iWork not working after using Migration Assistant

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by User12, Oct 8, 2012.

1. User12 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just used migration assistant to move my files from my old HD to my new one. I am running OSX 10.6.8 and iWork '09 on my MBP - Mid 2009 (5,5). It now gives me an error when I try to open Pages, Numbers, or Keynote. It says there was a problem opening the app and that it may not be compatible with this version of the OSX? It is the same Snow Leopard and iWork since I bought the computer. It was working just yesterday prior to the migration.

I have deleted the plist and also re-installed iWork from the original DVD. I also tried to launch iWork directly from the Applications folder instead of the dock. None of these have worked. Any suggestions?

2. DoctorCrap macrumors regular

DoctorCrap

Firstly, opening the application from the dock or Applications Folder does not make any difference.
    If you may, try opening the Application through Package Contents>Contents>MacOS

That might work.
    One other possible reason why it isn't working could be because a file that is required to support the application is missing or you have upgraded your iWork Applications to support an OS X version different–basically you altered the files.

3. palmharbor macrumors 6502

iWork is the most flawed WP App Apple ever created. They should have
    made reliable Appleworks for 10.8, I have trouble with the latest version
    all the time, especially naming a documents...ABC type stuff but the Geeks at Apple not obvious to them