Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbbob

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm going nuts on this. Hope some people can help. I made a task list in numbers. The font on the list is Helvetica 12. Now, the paper I am printing it on is 5 x 8.5 that fits in my notebook.
When I print the fonts that come out are very small. I have tried everything but nothing works. How come I don't get a what you see is what you get page?

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
Sounds like you have "Scale to fit" selected.

Hit "Print." If you see a small panel with your printer driver, hit the little blue triangle to see the panel expand. You should see a preview of what you're printing.

There should be a pop-up menu that currently says "Numbers." Select the menu and choose "Paper handling." The "Scale to fit" option should be there.

(... OK, I say all this like I know it's there for sure. I just know it's there for MY printer driver. It might be somewhere else with your printer, but you get the idea, right? ::)

mt

Fujilives

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
Kind of confusing

I use Microsoft office for mac (both 2008 and now 2011), primarily because I need outlook (and previously entourage).

Today someone came to me with a question about printing from numbers at home, I showed them in excel how I would click print, then scale to fit, and it would just come out naturally fit to the page.

He was somewhat confused, so I popped in Numbers, and realized that it was not quite the same process.

To get things to 'scale to fit' on a page, do not use the automated 'scale to fit' found in the print dialogue, I believe that feature is intended for 'scaling down' large documents to fit on a single page.

To scale a page for printing in Numbers, Do the following:

1) On the upper left hand side you will see a "view" box.
2) Click the view button
3) Choose "Show Print View" from the drop-down.
4) At the very bottom of Numbers you will see a Content Scale Slider
5) Scale it to fit the page (some parts will likely bleed onto other pages)
6) Choose File -> Print.
7) Under Pages: Choose Only the pages you scaled to fit (don't select 'All')
8) Hit print, and enjoy your pages being scaled the way you desire!

I hope this helps someone! Seems to be a common problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.