iWork ... on a daily basis?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daleremote, Jan 10, 2008.

1. daleremote macrumors member

Does any one use iWork, particularly Pages and Numbers, on a daily basis...especially in an office filled with Microsoft Word and Excel...and have no problems sharing files, editing back and forth, with coworkers who use Microsoft Word and Excel?

I'm trying to get a feel for how compatible iWork apps really are with Office.

Thanks!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I work in a MS based school (XP with Office 07) and its awesome. Numbers may be a little simple for heavy office use, but its good if your job doesn't rely on the complex stuff from it, especially if graph-looks are important.

Especially with PDF the formatting is kept perfectly.

3. daleremote thread starter macrumors member

Cool. One habit I have in Excel is that I like to have one spreadsheet that points to several other spreadsheets and updates automatically according to values in those spreadsheets. (Think of 5 bank accounts, one file for each, and one overview file that links to each of those five.) Is this possible in Numbers?

4. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

Exactly. I use iWork extensivly an undergrad and moving on to grad school. I prof's want you to turn in papers electronically and you are worried about formatting (I do have some occasional simple formatting issues when exporting to doc) just print to pdf. Easy. When editing papers with classmates, I have no issues as iWork opens the new MS .___x files

Pages and keynote are great, I find both much easier to use than open office, neo office or ms word. The new MS word for Mac looks terrible as does office 2007 for pc.

And you cant beat 39$ with a student discount.