iWork Pages - Can you insert form fields?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by D R, Nov 10, 2008.

1. D R macrumors newbie

D R

Hi. I need to insert some form fields into an iWork Pages document. Is this possible? I've looked high and low for that feature; am I blind?

Thanks in advance,

--dawn

2. Pepemex macrumors newbie

Me too, looking for how to do forms in iWork

Let me know if you come across a solution.

Pepe

3. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Not a great solution, but this might work until something better arrives: You could create a series of 1 row x 1 column tables for your fields.

mt

4. mikaluvbun, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

mikaluvbun macrumors newbie

Making forms through numbers or mail merge

This is slightly a work around, but you can use the mail merge function in pages. What you have to do is make a numbers worksheet with variables in your header. Make sure the variables are a designated header.

Put your data you'd like to make a form with in it (numbers worksheet).
    Then in pages in your inspector window under the link tab (second icon to left), start making merge variables.
    You have to click merge under the merge tab.
    Click choose, and choose your spreadsheet with your data.
    Click where in the document you'd like to have the variables displayed by highlighting it, and then click the "+" button in the merge tab, similar to how you'd make a form.
    Click "Add Merge Field"
    Change the variable to the variable you designated in numbers in the dropdown menu (the default will probably be the variable in your list
    Once you've marked up your entire mail merged "form, " Click "Edit>Mail Merge."
    It will ask you the source and whether you'd like to print it or turn it into a new document. For source choose your numbers document.
    You can save the document as a template for later use

Hope that helps!