iWork, Pages formatting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by padams, Aug 27, 2007.

1. padams macrumors newbie

I'm trying to create a newsletter and format it so that 2 8-1/2"x11" pages print on an 11x17 piece of paper. If I do "page setup" and select 11x17, then I don't know how to actually get two "pages" onto that one big page. (For instance, I can't get different page numbers for each page on each side.) If I stick with regular letter size in page setup and then go to print>layout and tell it to print 2 pages on one sheet of paper, and then tell it to print on 11x17, each page comes out very small on each side of the sheet. Does anyone know what to do?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Try this: Print the document. In the print dialog, select Layout, then Pages per Sheet: 2. Now click Preview. In Preview, go to Page Setup and select Tabloid size paper. You probably also need to select an enlargement when you print from Preview. Once you get the right number, this should work!

3. nielsdaj macrumors newbie

tabloid format and iWork's Pages

Try using CocoaBooklet. It's free and it will turn Pages that have been "printed to pdf" into tabloid pdf files. It figures out which pages go with which in any number of page documents. Neat. Just what commercial printers like.

My beef is that iWork '08 Pages still does not have a tabloid option. Otherwise, I would buy the update, even though I don't need the spreadsheet and presentation parts.