iWork pre-installed?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tsl90, Jul 14, 2007.

1. tsl90 macrumors member

Just got my new MBP. I'm a switcher and dealing with learning the new UI. I thought when I purchased the computer it said iWork would be pre-installed. I got a CD (much appreciated) and can load it if that's the idea, but I have this suspicious feeling that iWork is here somewhere hiding from me. Am I searching in vain.

Thanks

TL

2. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

It should be /Applications/iWork '06

Of course, you can always use spotlight, and search for iWork :)

3. tsl90 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

Unfortunately you're still a little over my head. I've opened the applications area and don't see iWork.

I remember hearing about a spotlight, and I thought it had something to do with the "finder" but I don't see it there.

I'll search for spotlight info.

Thanks again.

TL

4. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

There should be two programs in Applications and they are Pages and Keynote. I dont think they come under an iWork folder. So those two are the programs from iWork. Click on them.

5. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

The finder is OS X's file browser. It is accessible any time in the dock (It is the first icon, the happy mac), by double clicking on your hard drive on the desktop, and when you click on the desktop, the active application in the finder is the menu bar. Spotlight is Tiger's instant search feature, that is accessible any time by clicking the magnifying glass icon in the menu bar. Click on the icon, and then type your search term in the box, and it will give you a list of results, including the top result, applications, documents, music, ext.

If you got iWork preinstalled, to access it, you should click on the finder icon in the dock, then applications in the left sidebar of the new finder window. This will bring up your applications directory, and in that directory, there should be an iWork folder, with Pages and Keynote in it. If you can't find it, just pop in the iWork CD, and an installer will appear.

6. tsl90 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

It was there - preloaded. It's in applications in an iWork folder.

Found the searchlight as well.

Appreciate the help.

TL

7. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Spotlight - best before you get into bad habits.