iWork Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thatguysmells, Dec 20, 2009.

1. thatguysmells macrumors regular

I have searched everywhere and I can't find an answer to this question. Basically, I bought iWork, installed it on my computer and all is well. Now, I want to do a clean install of Snow Leopard, and I want to use my iWork disk to put the programs back onto my computer. However, I have heard that you can only install iWork one time. Does this mean I have to buy it again? That seems pretty absurd on Apples part. What do I do? :confused:

2. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

You heard incorrectly. Just reinstall it after your clean OS install.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....you are (or whomever told you that is) confusing "install once" with "single user license" - you are good to go and should not have any problems reinstalling iWork....oh yeah!

4. Buzz Bumble Guest

Yep. That's correct for iWork, so the original poster should have no problems.

Unfortunately it's not correct for some other software though so you do have to be carefull. Adobe, as the main example, has an idiotic system that authorises the software with their servers, and you have to de-authorise it before you can install it again - that means you have to remember to de-authorise BEFORE wiping your hard drive ... and God / Steve Jobs help you if your hard drive crashes. :(

5. coops macrumors regular

Adobe are the spawn of the devil.

Ah, the days of sitting, waiting for Acrobat Reader to load all it's delightful plug-ins and doo-dads just to view a PDF file. If you're still on Microsoft PC's then go Foxit for PDF's.... Mac preview launching a PDF file in a second was a wonderful surprise when i got my Macbook. Bliss.

Coops