iWork sync in iCloud

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by va1984, Jul 8, 2011.

1. va1984 macrumors member

I have a Mac Dev account but not an iOS one, so i don't have access to iOS5b2. I have a question for those who are testing it now:

is iCloud syncing of Pages documents enabled yet? On the Mac, of course, we'll need the new version of iWork on July 14th, but I am curious to know if Apple is already moving docs across iOS devices. If you tried this and it is active, can you comment at all on the reliability of it?

Thank you.

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I was also wondering about this but haven't found any answers yet. As far as I know, iOS iWork and OS X iWork don't sync via iCloud at this time, unfortunately. And on their web page, where they explain Documents Sync, there's no reference to syncing with the OS X version of iWork - they only pictured iOS devices and mention that it's possible for developers to add sync functionality to their applications. Maybe this will be added in iWork 11? I wonder how they'd sync app-based docs in the iOS iWork with Finder-based docs in OS X, too.