iWork Trial trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chukwithak, Nov 20, 2008.

1. chukwithak macrumors member

I just got my macbook recently, and downloaded iWork to give it a test before deciding on iWork or Office. I had HD problems from the factory OS install, and had to reinstall the OS from the disks. Now my trial shows expired. Is there a way to get this reset so I can try the iWork suite?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Umm wasn't it deleted when you did a fresh install of Leopard?

3. chukwithak thread starter macrumors member

Yeah but thought maybe in my mobileme sync, like keychain? Could it have been adjusting the clock timezone that threw it off?

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Yes, those who change the time zone on their Macs find the iWork trial immediately expires. I can't remember if any were able to restore the 30 days, but I suggest starting with deleting the com.apple.iWork08.plist in HD > Library > Preferences & restarting one of the applications. This is the preference that stores the serial number so it might be the place that stores the trial info. If that doesn't work, although it has for others, I would search for anything with iWork, Pages, Numbers or Keynote in the name. If you already have a prior version of iWork, be careful that you don't delete something needed by that version. You could always compress the files, delete the actual files & then you can restore them if needed.

5. chukwithak thread starter macrumors member

Timezone change is it then, I had to change it from California to Colorado cause I just drove here monday thru weds, so I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it works out.