Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Does anyone know what this new round of updates is supposed to fix? It seems a bit strange to have updates a week apart. Plus, another 62 megs? Nice and light.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
gauchogolfer said:
Does anyone know what this new round of updates is supposed to fix? It seems a bit strange to have updates a week apart. Plus, another 62 megs? Nice and light.
Yeah, the notes for the updates are a bit sketchy and look a lot like (identical to?) the updates that came out last week.

Odd that they'd be so big and yet mention so little. As of now, I don't even see them mentioned on the Apple downloads site - I just see the earlier versions.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The downloads are probably replacing the entire application package, which is why they are so huge. What a pain. Apple obviously got something wrong with the first iteration, but they aren't going to tell us what. Oy.

geeman

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2001
At My Mac
OttawaGuy said:
There seems to be a revision available in software update for both pages and keynote today.
3.01 v.2. It was something like that.

The strange thing is that this "v2" revision showed up under Software Update on my PB G4 1Ghz, but not on my Dual 2.7Ghz G5. Perhaps the "v2" update is just for G4 machines?

Has anyone running a G5-based machine had the v2 update appear via Software Update?

geeman

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2001
At My Mac
Thanks for letting me know. Though I now wonder why my G5 doesn't want to see the update :confused:

I haven't moved iWork from its default HD location (clearly if I had, Software Update wouldn't have picked up the first update). Perhaps I'll download the update from the Support website and install it manually.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
geeman said:
Thanks for letting me know. Though I now wonder why my G5 doesn't want to see the update :confused:

I haven't moved iWork from its default HD location (clearly if I had, Software Update wouldn't have picked up the first update). Perhaps I'll download the update from the Support website and install it manually.

Could you have downloaded the update without knowing? The v2 update doesn't show in the "About" dialog box, and I'm not sure we know precisely when it became available.

azucena

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2006
Images with captions??

Hi:

Please tell us how to add a caption. I have iworks 05, please help me! I've trying this during days.

If anyone knows how to add a figure caption, please tell me.

Bern said:
I used it to write a manual for my college assignment, it had to have the usual table of contents, index, bibliography, definitions, images with captions (ie: figure 1.1, etc) and so on.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
azucena said:
Hi:

Please tell us how to add a caption. I have iworks 05, please help me! I've trying this during days.

If anyone knows how to add a figure caption, please tell me.

Create a text object, type your caption in it. Then while the text object is selected, in the Inspector choose the Wrap pane and select the "fixed on page" option. You can then grab the text object by the edges and drag to where you need it. I like to group the caption with the photo or image, which allows you to wrap text around the grouped objects.

(This question probably deserved its own thread.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.