IWork v. Office for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by loredol91, Jun 27, 2010.

1. loredol91 macrumors newbie

Im going to be a college freshman and i was wondering which software would be better. I have tried Pages and it seems to work a lot better with my mac. I am torn about which to get since i will need it for school in fall. I would like to see your opinions as to which software to get.

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

@ spinnerlys

You had that answer up in 9 minutes? I'm beginning to think you are actually some AI that created itself when enough neural net connections by a critical mass MacRumours members were logged in.

Good Answer, and all.... but 9 minutes, eh? :D

3. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I used iWork throughout college without an issue. It's a lot faster since it runs natively on OSX and you can save your documents as .doc, .ppt, or .xls.

Though, if you plan on doing a lot of work in Excel I'd recommend using Mac Office for that instead.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Is nine minutes too long?

I'm usually faster though, I give you that, but I was distracted by a ball and 22 men, thus my slow response time. ;)

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

Hope you weren't rooting for England.....

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I'm rooting for the better team, as I'm a seasonal (every two years) football "fan".

This time my rooting was correct, as the better team won.

7. kasakka macrumors 68000

If you need to use MS Office formats, you can always convert from Pages and if needed, fix formatting on a school computer or whatever if it's important. The whole iWork suite is in general easier to use than the Office suite and far less bloated.