iWork vs MS Office 2011 (mac)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Swain, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swain macrumors member

Hi,

I'm aware of the fact that this question has been asked quite a few times over the years, but I couldn't find any sufficient data for my question. Ergo this post.

Now in a few weeks I'll be the happy owner of an rMBP. It will be my first mac, and I'd like to be prepared when I make the switch. And I'm curious whether I should get iWork or MS office.

Now normally I would buy MS Office, because as a student, I have a pretty big discount, which makes it only about 80-100€ while iWork is about €60. MS office would be my favorable choice because of the compatibility. And I'm not that familiar with the compatibility of iWork, I know it can read word docs and what not, but I'm not too familiar whether or not it's a hassle to do so.

Now here is the thing, as stated previous I will be getting a rMBP which of course has a retina screen. Many of you are probably aware of the fact that iWork is retina compatible and MS office is not, and probably will only be compatible with the next edition.

So here is my question:

Which one is 'better' on the rMBP?
    And does the screen outweighs the possible hassle with iWork?

Swain.

2. maflynn, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.