iWork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chezhoy, Oct 26, 2013.

1. chezhoy macrumors regular

chezhoy

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I updated my iWork on my MacBook. I was working on a school paper and wanted to save it as a .doc. Prior to the iWork update there was a box one could check to save it as a Windows compatible format (.doc). That option is not there, that I see, with the update. Seeking assistance if anyone knows how to save as a .doc...I assume Numbers and Keynote have the same issue...

Thanks in advance!

2. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

3. chezhoy thread starter macrumors regular

chezhoy

Thanks! It's weird because the conversion is off...it wasn't previously.

4. Mad4clay macrumors regular

I use numbers for my household budget. And before I could easily add new columns when needed and now after the upgrade to mavericks it does not allow me to do it. It lets me add rows but not the columns. HELP!

5. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

To the right of the last (furthest right) column there are two vertical bars inside a circle. Click that to add a new column at the far right. Also you can use the Table Menu "Add Column Before" or "Add Column After" command. I think that is the same as the prior version.

6. Mad4clay macrumors regular

Yes, that I know. It doesn't respond. Those options are grayed out. As if it can't be done.:confused:

7. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

And I'm assuming you have a column selected or a cell active that you can enter data into? It does work for me after upgrading. If you start a new spreadsheet do you have the same issue?

8. Mad4clay macrumors regular

Yes, it is highlighted. I tried it on another spreadsheet and it works just fine. So I'm baffled as to why this doesn't work on the one I've been using since I got this MAC 9 months ago.:confused:

9. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

Don't have any ideas why. Might try copying the contents of the old spreadsheet and paste them into a new one.

10. Mad4clay macrumors regular

I just figured out the problem it's at it's end. I've used this spreadsheet for years adding columns as I need them and it does not go past IU. Time to create a new one entirely. LOL!

Thanks for helping me though.:)