iworks 08 - Pages - Passwords Possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BeeS4335, Apr 27, 2008.

1. BeeS4335 macrumors member

This is a real newbie question I guess! I have just bought a Macbook Air & iworks 08. Some documents I intend to create will carry a client confidentiality content. Is it possible to protect a Pages document with a password. It doesn't have to be too secure. Any way of protecting a document from casual prying eyes would be good. I'd be glad of advice in these my early days.

2. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

One way is to make a secure disk image with Disk Utility
    located:Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

With this application you can make a secure folder of various sizes with 128 encryption password protection. Be sure to uncheck the save to keychain password(it defeats the purpose).

Hopefully this helps.

3. BeeS4335 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I've just tried that. Created an encrypted folder, applied a password and icon appeared. Wonderful, except the folder won't open. There's a momentary flash and that's it. What, please, am I or have I done wrong?

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You can create a password-protected PDF of the document. Would that meet your needs?

5. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

When you setup a disk image it should be somewhat like this. Then upon double clicking the .dmg file it will appear like an ejectable folder. The flash maybe the system prompting you to put in your password in a hidden window behind your current active one. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

6. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

That's exactly what I'm looking for! How would you do that? I don't see it as any export option in Pages.

EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered you can Print to PDF. The security options are right there.