iworks 08 purchase reg key or buy compete package

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steken, Dec 5, 2007.

1. steken macrumors newbie

Mt question I hope is a simple one. Should I simply purchase a registration key fr iWorks08 which is already on my iMac (trial period expired) or opt to purchase for he same price the package which contains the disc?

Is there any real advantage to owning the disc? If I dont have the disc will my purchased registration work on iWorks should I have to one day reinstall Leopard?

Ta, Steken

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

If it really is the same price, I'd head to Apple store and buy the box. If you have a restore disk which has the trial (time limited) iWork It just unlocks the time restriction.

Unsure if there's any extra's on the disc. I haven't looked past just installing the package. I think there is but if there's value there that's unknown. Maybe someone (I'm at work) can look inside their iWorks disc and see what extra things are in there.

3. f1 macrumors 6502

If you live near an Apple Store or an Apple reseller that carries iWork just get the boxed version so you have the actual CD if you need to reinstall iWork in the future. If not just buy a serial number online. Download a trial version of iWork burn it to a CD, n use the trial version to do reinstalls if you need to and your serial key will unlock the trial time.