iWorks 08 - strange installation experience.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DLS, Feb 19, 2008.

1. DLS macrumors newbie

I have MP (latest SR version) running OS X 10.5.2. I had been playing with the iWorks trial version and decided to buy iWorks 08. I think I had a couple of days left on the trial verison when I installed iWorks via the CD last night, but the trial version may have expired.

The first installation attemp failed with a 'Software Not Found' error displayed after the installation began.

On the second attempt, after going through the licensing and user agreement windows, the installation began, but it seemed to hang for several minutes with 0% complete displayed in the progress field. After several (5-6+) minutes, the installation completed field slowly started to count up.

However, the 'remaining time required for installation' field also counted up. Intially it was showing 37 minutes, and by the time 6% complete was being shown (about 12-15 minutes after the second installation attempt was began), the 'remaining time' field was ~2hrs and 39 minutes. A couple of minutes later, the installation was complete!

The iWorks apps seem to run fine, even after ejecting the CD and restarting the MB.

Have other folks had same/similar experiences installing iWorks, or other apps?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not sure if this is why you had a problem, but you didn't need to reinstall iWork. The trial version is exactly the same as the version on the DVD. All you needed to do was plug the serial number into the trial version in one of the iWork applications, and you're done.

It's possible that you ended up with two installations. You might want to check.

3. DLS thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't find any double installations in Finder. A friend of my who is a long-term Mac user (I am a recovering Windows user and am new to OS X) had a double installation type experience with MS office for the Mac.

Pages came up fine today, so no worries, sometimes software does that.