Iworks 09

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CORRSA, Jan 10, 2009.

1. CORRSA macrumors newbie

newbie to mac just installed iworks 09 and the installer said install ok but i cant find the program anywhere any ideas ? looked in finder then applications but cant see iworks anywhere ?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Pages, Keynote, Numbers. That's what you're looking for.

3. duykur macrumors regular

it should be in your applications folder

run a spotlight search (command+space then type) for IWORK 09 (or pages, numbers, keynote) not iworks 09.

if that doesn't work, try reinstalling

4. RKpro macrumors 6502

Mine installed to HD >Applications > iWork '09 > pages, numbers, keynote....

but the easiest way to launch them is with spotlight like posters above said, or also you can choose to "Keep it Dock", if you right click the app while it's running...

5. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

It is funny that Apple don't place an iWorks folder in your dock on installation...

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

In the Applications folder, the apps are in the folder named iWork '09. There should be three of them, Keynote, Pages and Numbers.

Apple makes stuff simple/easy to use, but not that simple, to the point of ridicule. :D

7. pkagel macrumors regular

I just bought a new MBP today and iWork and it did put all mine in the dock so I guess maybe they do make it that simple.:D

8. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

Maybe, maybe as an option, but I would HATE it if any Apple app defaulted to throwing it into the Dock. It would remind me of one of the most obnoxious things about Windows installers. I despised it when apps would also throw shortcuts onto the desktop, into QuickLaunch, in the Start Menu, in addition to the Programs folder by default.

9. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I think the Trial doesn't create dock icons while the retail does. Seems odd since you would think it would be the other way around.

10. ACiB708 macrumors regular

To the original poster: For easier access to iWork go to Applications folder, find a folder named "iWork '09" and drag it to the right section of your dock, a space should open, drag it there and you;ll always have that "stack" (folder in the dock" that gives you quick access to the three applications in iWork.