iWorks and iLife

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dvoros, Jul 24, 2012.

1. dvoros macrumors 6502

With all the talk about new hardware and OS software, what is Apple planning on doing to upgrade iWorks and iLife Suites of software?:cool:

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Hopefully the same day they announce Mountain Lion.

I'd like to see updates to

iWork - Needs iCloud and Retina support
    iLife - Needs iCloud and Retina
    Remote Desktop - Need to stop looking like a 1990s Apple App LOL

3. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

I think we sadly will only get a small bug fix update nothing more.

4. calguy macrumors newbie

Updates not backward compatible much

I work with iPhoto on occasion still and there have been updates to make it more usable in conjunction with Aperture. Sadly however, iPhoto updates are not backward compatible with Aperture 3.2.4 which I will continue to use and not update or older iPhoto libs. I must go to Aperture 3.3.1 to even open any iPhoto library with the iPhoto update. I don't like A 3.3.1 -- the working together with any iPhoto library is great but until they can give me an option for getting away from the monotone inspector and use the colors again or give me back more control with highlights and shadows, I will wait. Aperture 3.2.4 libs shouldn't have to be updated to work with 3.3. Just give me the extra features but with compatibility, too! I don't want to get off topic here for this may be better detailed in an Aperture forum.

I'm stuck with the mistake I made also with doing the iPhoto update before testing it out. What happened with Apple making changes in the software with the UI or features but still allowed older library versions to be usable at least with the same main version? The same things goes for any iPhoto updates. Stop cutting off older versions with all the libs needing updates each time a smaller version change takes place. Only do the library changes with major upgrades as with Aperture going to version 4 or iPhoto with iLife '11 going to the next upgrade as when Mountain Lion comes out but then I still want the option of using the current iPhoto or Aperture. I can still use iPhoto '09 with Lion but if I make those updates with in a single app.....well you know the story. Ok, I'm starting to ramble on with no thread holding it all together...just like the Apple updates! :rolleyes: