iWorks compatibility?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by longball11, Mar 9, 2009.

1. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

Hi, I was wondering about getting iWorks or Microsoft Office for Mac. The computer Im typing on is dying and full of viruses. I want to get iWorks but I need to know if I sent essay or something in pages as an attachment to my professor at the university and is able to open it in the email.
    Also, what if I handed it in? Will he know the difference that I used pages or word? Like some of my professors want 1 inch margins all around the paper.
    All in all, is it safe and worth getting iWorks for college? Or should I stick with getting microsoft office?

2. p.luik macrumors regular

Full of viruses? on your mac? also, pages is fine, export to word before emailing to prof. printing will be fine as well, just set 1 inch margins in pages, im pretty sure its default.

3. longball11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

longball11

No its a windows xps laptop. Is pages better than word to u?

4. p.luik macrumors regular

I thought since you were a macrumors regular that you would know better. pages is mac only. Come back when you switch to mac.

5. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I think the OP is planning on buying a Mac and is wondering which to get. Am I correct?

6. mik34 macrumors member

Keynote is awesome

I now use Keynote to make all my presentations. When I have to present with powerpoint, I just export as ppt file. Even better, Keynote '09 has "magic move" transition. If you export as a Quicktime file, it still works. The cool reflection of pictures works too. These do not work in Powerpoint.

There are no conversion problems to a PC this way, unlike Office for Mac, which I've had issues with graphs and picture formatting when opened on a PC.

7. longball11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

longball11

Please do no insult me. I have a mac and I know that pages is mac only. That is why I asked the question if the receiver can see the document. YOU should know better. Next time, answer the question.

8. longball11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

longball11

No. I have a mac but am now going to use it for school. I was wondering if pages is something worthy or a trusted program to send documents to professors.