iWorks dropbox integration

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by franmatt80, Dec 7, 2010.

1. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

Have been trying to use Mobile Me as my cloud storage recently as it integrates with absolutely everything, including Pages/Numbers/ Keynote. I have always used Dropbox until now as it's a far more efficient service, but it was bugging me that I couldn't upload or download directly from Dropbox to the iWork apps.

However have found a handy hint on the Dropbox forum- https://dav.dropdav.com. It provides webDAV access to your Dropbox account so you can upload/download directly to and from the iWorks apps.

So pleased to have found it and wanted to share it with anyone else who has found this a problem.

2. kenmarable macrumors member

Thanks for that! I have been wanting Dropbox WebDAV support ever since iWorks was updated with it (and I generally prefer iWorks to the other apps), and have been voting for feature at Dropbox. But considering it's still a bit down the list vote-wise, it's great to see someone else make this.

Thanks for sharing!!

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Thanks for the hint, but I'm a little concerned about giving my dropbox user name and password to a third party website - does anyone have any experience of them?

4. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Is the FREE option only FREE for 14 days or does the FREE stay FREE? :)

5. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Thank you for your excellent & valuable contribution.

You've solved a problem I've not had time to address.

Cheers... :)

6. franmatt80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The free option -i.e. If you have the free Dropbox account- stays free. If you pay for a larger DB account, you have to pay per month after the first 14 day trial.

Was a little wary of having to enter my account and password, but figured that if these guys did have some nefarious intentions, they could have asked people for a full registration of address, phone number etc etc. As it is, you pay by Paypal (I think?) and enter the minimum of personal details, so I felt comfortable with it.

7. Fedorov macrumors 6502

8. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

I've heard of DropDav before, I think they are legit. I have started using them, and your password is sent securely, so should be fine.

9. Petra Systems macrumors newbie

Petra Systems