iWorks vs Office 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DramaLLama, May 23, 2011.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

Out of each program in Office 2011 and it's equivalent in iWorks, which do you think is better? Are there any compatibility issues on either side?

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

If you are dealing with school, college, university, etc... use Office 2011 as it has better compatibility.

3. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

I agree with Office:Mac BUT if you want real Excel capabilities you're gonna have to go with Parallels or Bootcamp + REAL Office. I'm tired of fighting with Excel:Mac it simply SUCKS!!

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is, I've had the same spreadsheet open on my mac and on win7 and mine gives errors everywhere and win7 couldn't care less.

Hope it helps :)

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

If you are sharing electronic editable documents to friends and colleagues, Pages and Numbers from iWork can do that, but not as well as what most people use - which is the Office suite.

If the majority of your documents are going to print, or are being PDFed, then I find iWork is easier to work with. Unless you need the power of a suite used by big companies. Most people don't, but I don't know how hard you push.