iXoft, targus heatdefence and similars

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eldaniel7, Feb 13, 2012.

1. eldaniel7 macrumors newbie

Does anybody have any experience with the Thermaltake iXoft, Targus HeatDefense and other similar products? I like using the laptop in my lap and i get almost possesed by the devil when it's starts to heat me. So I'm not that much interested in keeping the notebook cool as in avoiding I get burned by the macbook pro. Any other sugestions?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple Portables: Operating temperature
    You can use a book or any other hard flat surface between your lap and your Mac. There's no need to buy a specific product for this, unless you just want to spend the money.

3. eldaniel7 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, yeah, but after a while the heat passes trough. I use pillows when I use it in bed and the heat gets trough in 20 minutes. Maybe with a thermal blanket or something. I know it's not necessary, but maybe there is a product that would do the job a little better or more comfortably.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I know you probably already know this, but it's worth mentioning for others who might read your post: Be very careful about using your Mac on pillows, as they can block the vents at the rear, near the hinge. This can cause temps to go even higher.