Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACB 123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2015
Anyone with experience using Ixpand flash drive SanDisk on the 11 pro max ?

Safe, easy to use etc ?

JR17358

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2019
Florida
I have one that I use on my 11 Pro (not the Max); seems pretty straightforward and safe. All I have done with it though is to back up all my photos. I had hoped to be able to use it to back up some MP3 files but it doesn't seem as though that access is possible.

BootLoxes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2019
i hate it. I was expecting it to work the way a normal flash drive with the dongle connected would work but nope. Rather than direct access from files, everything is done through an app. In the app I tried many things but cannot make folders and when you export to the app, the option to make a folder comes up, but the keyboard does not pop up which makes it impossible to name a folder without a bluetooth keyboard

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This seemed like a good alternative but with Cloud options like Mega.nz offering 50GB free or paying for iCloud storage - if you're within the ecosystem then what's NOT to use that? At least folders and files can be renamed.

tripleburst

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2018
I have one. It's the fastest way to move my video files from my phone to my ipad for editing. that's all I need it for and it works.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Hi all, quick question about this - I'm looking at one also.
Can you use any fuel management app or do you have to use the Sandisk one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.