Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smssoleimani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
Most of us know the whole spiel regarding iPhone 5 and Verizon's policy change removing unlimited data when you upgrade for retail price ($199-$399). I was thinking, and I'd like your opinions. Would this work:

My dad is eligible for an upgrade, so I was thinking I would use his upgrade for the iPhone 5 64GB, transfer my number to that phone and transfer his number back to his original phone. This way (I hope) I can get the 64GB for $399 and still keep my unlimited data. No way I want to buy the iPhone outright from anywhere..have you seen the prices?!

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Most of us know the whole spiel regarding iPhone 5 and Verizon's policy change removing unlimited data when you upgrade for retail price ($199-$399). I was thinking, and I'd like your opinions. Would this work:

My dad is eligible for an upgrade, so I was thinking I would use his upgrade for the iPhone 5 64GB, transfer my number to that phone and transfer his number back to his original phone. This way (I hope) I can get the 64GB for $399 and still keep my unlimited data. No way I want to buy the iPhone outright from anywhere..have you seen the prices?!

Does your dad have a smart phone currently?

smssoleimani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
Does your dad have a smart phone currently?

OH..No he does not. At first when you brought this to my attention I thought my plan would not be possible. But does it matter that he doesn't? Because I have the iPhone 4 and I have my plan so we would be transferring the iPhone 5 over to my plan anyway..I wont be upgrading my contract, he will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.