izMac??? (could this be it...?)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by B1gMac, Jul 22, 2008.

1. B1gMac macrumors regular

B1gMac

Hey,

I don't know if any of you remember, but just before the Macbook Air came out, somebody figured out that the new computer would be named this just a few days before it was announced, just by snooping through Adium usage statistics (sorry, I do not have the link).

So, amidst all the speculation of product revamps and a possible new ultra-portable touch laptop/pda, I decided to go searching for that page again to see if there were any new computer names listed. For weeks 25, 27, 28, and 29 I see this one computer model that kept popping up with just one user, with the name izMac.

link: http://www.adiumx.com/sparkle/?year=2008&week=25&graph=bar&forceShow[]=model#model

I wanted to share this with you to see what you guys think. Is there some way to manipulate your computer's info so that this might be just someone messing around?

Personally, I think that even if this wasn't the real thing, it would be a great name for a touch laptop/pda device. Think about it. izMac sounds like Easy-Mac (but still keeping the i for product consistency). A very portable and easy to use advice. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's kinda catchy.

So, any thoughts?

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I doubt it, I can not see Apple releasing a computer called izMac....sorry. :rolleyes: :eek:

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

izmac is actually an obscure reference to Apple's foray into an erectile enlargement product for Mac users called the sIZeMac. It failed miserably with the advent of the MINI...

5. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

That's horrible!:D Why in the world would Apple leave such a profitable market:confused::D

Don

6. The Hammer macrumors regular

It's just you.:D

7. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Come on, Apple been confused on this issue since they came out with the SE/30 when the logical moniker, following Apple's (then) naming conventions, was SEX.

8. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I personally think the Apple "SEX" would have sold better. :p:D:apple:

9. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Shoot, don't take brain surgery to see that. Just look at the 1984 commercial. SEX would always sell.

10. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Hey, it's never too late. Apple has a new product (?) coming out by the end of september. "There's just one more thing; introducing, the Apple SEX..." :D;):apple:

11. Demodex macrumors newbie

A little off topic but if you look back to the early 1970's there was a diet pill on the market called AIDS. I remember seeing retro commercials on Comedy Central showing women saying that they lost weight with AIDS, and anyone can. The ads were soon pulled a few years later when the AIDS virus started spreading

12. apple. macrumors member

13. tom burns macrumors member