j/b 3gs stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SloSupra, Jul 9, 2011.

1. SloSupra macrumors newbie

Ok first off thanks for any help. Ok I am still somewhat new to this so please bear with me . I have a 3gs I j/b with redsn0w (everything went fine) then i updated everything in cydia and unlocked it with yell0wsnow ( think it is that one?) well at the end it asked me to reboot which is still ok. Well when it rebooted it would not go past the apple logo. So everything I read said to put it into recovery mode (which I did). Now this is where I am at now I have tried to do a recovery and when it give me the error 1015 kick it out of recovery with t/u or recbot which I have tried both. I have tried all kinds of different thing, I am wondering if anyone has any other ideas to get my iphone back to working

Thanks SloSupra

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yellowsn0w is no longer supported for unlocks.

3. SloSupra thread starter macrumors newbie

i am sorry it is Ultrasn0w

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'm guessing you installed the iPad baseband to unlock? Since you're in the 1015 error loop, you're going to have to use a custom firmware to restore.

5. SloSupra thread starter macrumors newbie

yes I did update the baseband. Do you have any recommendations for custom firmware sites

6. SloSupra thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I have got a good custom firmware and after i put it in dfu mode i start itunes and do the custom restore and i get error 3194

7. 2ndchancephones macrumors regular

A 1015 error code is not uncommon after jailbreaking....download Tiny Umbrella and use that to kick it out of 1015 error code...works like a charm.