J. Crew Leather iPhone 5 Case

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
I love jcrew and I might grab a case later. Hope to find in store with my student discount.

Comment

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
This seems like the case I am looking for. I wish there were more photos of it. I would like to know how it looks from the front too.

Comment

Ctg44

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
I'd love to get this case but there's no way I'm waiting a month+ for it. I wonder if its instore

Comment

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
What color you guys like? I'm liking the brown leather but don't know how it'll turn out after being used.

Comment

KeithLilja

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
In the description it says "...and Instagram in style". I wouldn't buy it just on that basis haha!

Comment

rollingstart

Jul 15, 2007
J.Crew's assessment that this case will "keep it safe" is questionable. Maybe protect it from scratches on the sides and back, but that's it.

And they should have called it the iPhone 5 Tray.

Comment

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Course, apologies for poor quality, taken using my iPad.

Feels really nice in the hand. Fits very snugly and theres no give whatsoever. A tad thicker than I thought but is a very nice case.
Do you have a picture of the bottom of the phone? I just got mine, and the part of the case that covers the bottom of the phone looks very jagged. It's almost like they tried to follow the shape of the headphone and lightning holes but failed miserably (WILL NOT WORK with the lightning adaptor). I want to swap it for another one, but I can't find the case in any store.

Comment

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
I purchased the blue one for my white 5 and love it. It's all the protection I need as I'm always super careful with my devices. Just wanted to protect the back and sides.

Last edited:
Comment

jsalisb713

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2013
I was thinking about getting the brown one, but I am worried the leather will look and/or feel cheap. Anyone who has one know how it feels. I dont want to buy something plastic looking. I want genuine rugged leather!

Comment

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
I was thinking about getting the brown one, but I am worried the leather will look and/or feel cheap. Anyone who has one know how it feels. I dont want to buy something plastic looking. I want genuine rugged leather!
The leather feels good to me. I actually just ordered the brown one from the J Crew site since they didn't have it in the outlet store here.

Comment

thebrowncoat

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
The leather feels great and it's a really nice, high quality looking case. I have this one in the blue breton stripe and love the look:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/tech/PRDOVR~45061/45061.jsp

My only concern with the case is that mine does have a little give around the edges - if you squeeze around the lower edge of the case, you can feel that it's not a perfectly tight fit. Not really a big deal, but if you're super OCD, it may bug you.

Comment