J. Crew Leather iPhone 5 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by retaina, Sep 29, 2012.

1. retaina, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

retaina macrumors newbie

http://bit.ly/P3jhhu
    Anyone have any experience with these? This is exactly what I want! Don't want to be disappointed.

2. katai macrumors regular

I love jcrew and I might grab a case later. Hope to find in store with my student discount.

3. GiRARDsays macrumors member

I had the J Crew case for my iPhone 4. Definitely a clean looking case. Especially once the leather starts to distress a bit.

4. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Liking the look of this case. Would like to know what the thickness is like though.

5. Farrellcollie macrumors regular

This seems like the case I am looking for. I wish there were more photos of it. I would like to know how it looks from the front too.

6. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Just decided to pull the trigger and order the red one. Got 4 weeks to wait now though!

7. Ctg44 macrumors newbie

I'd love to get this case but there's no way I'm waiting a month+ for it. I wonder if its instore

8. Farrellcollie macrumors regular

I checked the store in saint louis today and they only had the 4/4s models. Not the 5.

9. katai macrumors regular

What color you guys like? I'm liking the brown leather but don't know how it'll turn out after being used.

10. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Finally just took delivery of this case, well worth the wait. Very nice.

11. KeithLilja macrumors member

In the description it says "...and Instagram in style". I wouldn't buy it just on that basis haha!

12. Farrellcollie macrumors regular

Would you post pictures, please?

13. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Course, apologies for poor quality, taken using my iPad.

Feels really nice in the hand. Fits very snugly and theres no give whatsoever. A tad thicker than I thought but is a very nice case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Farrellcollie macrumors regular

Thanks. It looks nice. I am deciding between the red and the brown for my white phone.

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

16. rollingstart Guest

J.Crew's assessment that this case will "keep it safe" is questionable. Maybe protect it from scratches on the sides and back, but that's it.

And they should have called it the iPhone 5 Tray.

17. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

Do you have a picture of the bottom of the phone? I just got mine, and the part of the case that covers the bottom of the phone looks very jagged. It's almost like they tried to follow the shape of the headphone and lightning holes but failed miserably (WILL NOT WORK with the lightning adaptor). I want to swap it for another one, but I can't find the case in any store.

18. MistahMumford, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013

MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I purchased the blue one for my white 5 and love it. It's all the protection I need as I'm always super careful with my devices. Just wanted to protect the back and sides.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. jsalisb713 macrumors newbie

I was thinking about getting the brown one, but I am worried the leather will look and/or feel cheap. Anyone who has one know how it feels. I dont want to buy something plastic looking. I want genuine rugged leather!

20. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

The leather feels good to me. I actually just ordered the brown one from the J Crew site since they didn't have it in the outlet store here.

21. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

Here's the brown one. Sorry for the quality; took the pics with my stinking ipad2

22. thebrowncoat macrumors newbie

The leather feels great and it's a really nice, high quality looking case. I have this one in the blue breton stripe and love the look:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/tech/PRDOVR~45061/45061.jsp

My only concern with the case is that mine does have a little give around the edges - if you squeeze around the lower edge of the case, you can feel that it's not a perfectly tight fit. Not really a big deal, but if you're super OCD, it may bug you.