J&R Music In NYC

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by michaelsviews, Dec 26, 2008.

1. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but has anyone bought from them? Just asking around , considering getting a MacPro from them

http://www.jr.com/apple/pe/APP_MA970LL2/

Merry Christmas

Thanks

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A long established NYC institution. No worries buying from them.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree.

I've purchased from them locally when I lived in NY and since I have been in Japan. No problems whatsoever. Good retailer.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Great reputable business, I use to work down near them up until last year and i was in there at least twice a week lol.

5. youssefm macrumors 6502

i <3 J&R

I shop with them locally (i live in nyc so i also stop there to get my electronics, circuit city and best buy just suck) and i've also shopped with them online. BTW they pricematch to almost any website so if you find it cheaper then you can have them do that if you want

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

J&R is one of the best retail stores in the country...if not the best major in terms of selection and service...

7. Supaklaw macrumors regular

Not always the best prices, and don't always have stuff in stock... but they are a family run business, very traditional electronics store in NY (they have "J&R Row" near City Hall, which is a whole block of 10 separate stores of theirs, each dedicated to various products) and I have never once had an issue with returns with them so... not to worry. It's like buying from Macy's, it's a NY brand name.

8. JCT macrumors 6502

J&R is a *great* place on all levels -- when my father used to visit us from LA it was always one of his first places to visit (after he surrendered his credit card to my mother ;) ).

They are stellar employers as well -- during 9/11 (the WTC is about a block away from the store) they provided haven for many of the people fleeing Wall Street and the entire store filled with ash and dust, destroying tons of electronics and basically trashing the store. They were closed for some time to repair and clean but continued to pay all of their employees their full salaries.

I go out of my way to purchase from them.

JT

9. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

bought many things from them. Always free shipping for me. :)