J&R Sale on 24" Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by steve2112, Aug 6, 2010.

1. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I didn't see this around here, but for those interested J&R has the 24" LED Cinema Display on sale for $719. I also found a coupon code geico10 for another $10 off. I haven't seen an expiration date on either yet, but I figure it will be soon.

Check out the deal here

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Nice find! However, they appear to charge for shipping and that brings the price to within $50 of Apple price (they give free shipping).

Still, might be worth it!

3. steve2112 thread starter macrumors 68040

steve2112

Darn, I didn't notice the shipping charge. I don't plan on buying one, so I didn't put one in the shopping cart to check. Still, $50 is $50, and about the only cheaper ones (excepting individual sales) is in the refurb store, but they are rare.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I wanna see for how cheap I can get one on eBay after the 27" is available. :)

5. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Yea, I saw this too, but I'm sure you can get free shipping. I emailed a question to them actually asking about the 27" display to see if they would have it in stock next month, and they replied with an offer if I ordered anything in their store within the next 5 business days they would offer me free ground shipping, so I would suggest emailing or even calling their customer service to try and get free shipping.

However, even if you do pay for the shipping, you'll still be saving more than purchasing it from Apple, IF you don't live in New York as you won't be charged tax.

Just some things to consider.

6. circularforward macrumors 6502

It's too bad bing cashback is no longer available. =(

7. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I took advantage of that deal. Too bad I did not read this post before I ordered so I could have saved the $10, however I paid $715.00 plus $36 for shipping so I did save atleast have of the $10. I should have my Cinema within a couple days. I am really excited to FINALLY have an actual Apple Cinema display. I have been toughing it out with this Westinghouse 24", actually it has been a very good monitor for me BUT it does not have a camera or mic, two huge downfalls for me.