Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Jaadu VNC developed by Jahanzeb Sherwani just got 20% knocked off it.

This brings it down from £14.99 to £11.99!

When it dropped to $5.00 on September 17th 2008 in the US , as you can probably imagine,
users snapped it up pretty quickly.

I bought it at full price, £14.99 and have never looked back.

For people new to VNC, This app allows you to remotely access and view your PC/Mac,
over Wifi, 3G or Edge, anytime, anywhere.

Features / Uses

- Control your PowerPoint presentation using your iPhone as your clicker.
See your presenter notes on your iPhone.
- Control your media center using your iPod touch while you're watching a movie
- Forgot an important file on your home computer and you absolutely need to have access to it, or you need to email it to someone else urgently
- Check on your kids to make sure they're asleep at home instead of on the computer
- Walk your significant other / parent / child through some complicated set up process on the home computer while you're traveling

- Access websites that just don't work on your iPhone like you'd want them to -- or you want to use Flash-enabled websites which don't work at all on Safari
- Supports iPhone & iPod touch with an active network connection (3G / Edge / WiFi)
- Connects with Windows PCs and Macs
- Control your computer's mouse and keyboard wirelessly using your iPhone / iPod touch
- View your computer's screen on your iPhone / iPod touch
- Natural Touchpad interface for mouse controls
- Supports multi-display, high resolution desktops
- Remote Control provides access to numeric keypad, arrow keys, and function keys

Reviewed at: v1.3.1
Reviewed on Firmware: 2.2
Download size: 1.1MB
Released on: 18th September 2008
Retails for: £11.99 / $19.99 [On Sale - Usually £14.99 / $24.99]

[Edit] - Sale Ends 28th December 2008

[App Store]

R-Fly

Attachments

• IMG_0022.PNG
    IMG_0022.PNG
    186.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0025.PNG
    IMG_0025.PNG
    86.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0026.PNG
    IMG_0026.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 47

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I got this app when it was on sale as something I'd only use occasionally. I now use this at some point every day. I still have yet to use this outside my local network except when helping my parents on their mac in another state but I setup a box in my network as a media center I only control with this.

gospel9

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
Remote access to your mac (or windows) is one of those things that I find most valuable to my iPhone. Jaadu VNC on the iPhone has, in my opinion, a flawless interface that manages to run really really fast.

For what it does it does it really well. I have never used their client on my mac, so I am judging it based on using Mac's screen sharing (my router has UPnP disabled, and I am using custom ports).

Now I have bought this at the discount price, would I buy this again at $25? Probably. There really aren't better alternatives out there. This is one app that I have come to rely on when I needed it.

shoelessone

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
Jaadu really is a great piece of software. I got it at a discount. I'd personally have a difficult time buying it for 25 bucks, but that's just because I don't have a job at the moment :). Is it worth 25 bucks - if any application is, Jaadu is I'd say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.